Mozambique commence avocados export to EU

Mozambique commence avocados export to EU

International company Westfalia Fruit is ready to commence avocados exporting to Europe, two years after growing the fruit in the southern African nation.

Manuel Roriz, consultant with Westfalia Fruit Mozambique said between December and the beginning of January, the company will start exporting avocados and lychees produced in the districts of Macata and Barue, in Manica province to EU.

Funded by World Bank, Westfalia Fruit’s operation in Manica province has an annual target production of 100,000 tonnes, with 75% of production destined for foreign markets and the remaining 25% to meet domestic demand.

With over 53,000 trees planted in 132 hectares, the company also intends to start a lychee project on a 250 hectares in 2017.

Westfalia Fruit has had trade relations for 40 years with EU countries and African countries, such as Mauritius and in South American countries such as Peru and Colombia.

Previous Strategic Grain Storage
Next Mozambique increase cashew nuts produce

About author

Editor review

Storyline
4/5

4

Good
4

You might also like

Africa 0 Comments

Future Farm in Zambia, inspire AGCO to more for Africa

American agricultural equipment manufacturer AGCO Corporation has recorded success at 150-hectare Future Farm in Zambia. The company says the farm now features the full line of Fuse technologies. Initiated with

News 0 Comments

EU reforms impacting negatively on sugar production – Katowa

ZAMBIA Sugar Company managing director Rebecca Katowa says the European Union reforms are impacting negatively on sugar business in the SADC region. And Katowa says load-shedding will affect the yields

AGCO launch scheme to improve agribusiness expertise

Your Agriculture Company (AGCO) has signed a collaborative deal with other stakeholders to offer expertise to drive agricultural prosperity. The new agribusiness course dubbed is AGCO Agribusiness Program (AAP) is